Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Stockings 2009



Two more stockings down. I got a new circular needle that is exactly the diameter of my stockings. AHHH, finally a tool that makes my life easier. No more using 5 dpn's to knit. I also tweeked how I start, do the heel, and finish with the toe. I worked on stockings for my sister-in-law and her husband. Anne is of Polish decent and she likes hand painted polish pottery, my gaol was to make it look like that. I really really like how hers turned out. I created the pattern and used some new colors to enhance the contrast. I think it is my favorite. The only problem is... they keep getting bigger and bigger.



Kellen's was a whole other issue. I knit his and then didn't like how it turned out. The colors were just kind of muddy. So... I started over. Kellen is of Irish decent and I really wanted his to look like a kilt or his family plaid. His family plaid was a little to complicated to convert into a knit pattern. I did alot of research and learned that plaid are serious business in the Celtic world. Some are symmetrical, centered, asymmetrical, ect. WOW!! I kept the spirit of his family plaid and added a Celtic knot to spice things up.



2 comments:

Emily said...

Woman you are amazing! I was just telling Ben the other day I wished everyone's stockings coordinated and had their names on them! Those turned out great! I miss you so much!

Video Teraveloka said...

Belajar main judi di era modern tentu tidak sekedar teori permainan saja. Tekhnologi yang semakin canggih juga memudahkan kamu untuk bertransaksi deposit ataupun withdraw. Deposit OVO GOPAY Alfamart adalah salah satu bukti berkembangnya sistem pembayaran untuk (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)